JOB TITLE: Quality Control Inspector
DEPARTMENT: Quality Control
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree a plus
1. Perform test evaluations, inspections; assist in process capabilities studies (SPC), etc. Present mold test results to Quality manager.
2. Perform first article reports this includes full dimensional evaluations if required.
3. Review new customer drawings/prints to the previous revision to determine differences and report them to the Quality manager.
4. Conduct Receiving Inspections and process supplier returns as required.
5. Perform in-house calibrations and coordinate outside calibration services to measuring instruments in accordance with work instructions.
6. Complete Nonconforming Reports for product and perform MRB disposition and report same.
7. Assist the Quality Manager in CAPA investigations to include the documentation of Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Actions and Effectiveness Checks.
8. Contribute with ideas and suggestions as part of the Continuous Improvement Program.
9. Perform internal audits to assess level of compliance to implemented procedures, work instructions and the ISO9001/2008 quality system.
10. Investigate internal/external quality issues per Quality manager’s request.
11. Provide inspection support and training to production personnel.
12. Perform any other special assignments as directed by Quality Manager
1. Minimum of 3-5 years exp in mechanical & visual inspection of Plastic Injection Molded products.
2. Experience in CMM and/or video inspection equipment is a plus.
3. Understanding and knowledge of quality concepts, methods and standards. i.e QMS, CAPA, Audits, SPC, CpK or PpK Analysis, PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA, ISO and or FDA regulations.
4. Technical writing and or Report Writing experience.
5. Good communication and organizational skills, team oriented.
6. Demonstrated ability of metrology and use of inspection tools including micrometers, height and depth gages, Tool-Makers Mic, Comparators, and calipers.
7. Computer literate with programs such as Windows, MS Word and Excel.
8. Lifting requirement of 35 lb.
1. Help in other departments as requested and/or needed.
2. Assist in the daily operation of quality department in absence of quality department personnel.